Monday, February 16, 2015

One Step At a Time‏ 2/16/15

SUM UP:
-the grind
-The church is true, what else isn't new?

THE NOVEL:

This past week has been good for less-active work but has been a struggle working with investigators. Our teaching pool feels a bit stagnant. After a week with multiple flogged appointments we were excited to meet up with a referral from headquarters on Saturday. It was a ways out into the country where no buses go so it took some planning to get a lift and a time that worked for both parties. We arranged to go with a member that could drive, got an appointment, and planned our afternoon around this appointment. An hour before we were supposed to leave the referral called and cancelled. We weren't sure what changed for him but it was a little disappointing. Then I remembered Tyler telling me, "Giving up after one thing goes wrong is like slashing all four of your tires just because you get one flat." So we put on our spare, figuratively, and got back to work.

Elder Tidwell and I were talking about what would help the ward most. We feel that they need more strong leadership, so this week we are going to go and find the elect. "And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts." (D&C 29:7) We know they're out there and if we are faithful and diligent we will be guided to them. I want to find someone like Brother Schofield, a member of the bishopric who was baptised only three years ago. He is truly converted. 

One miracle we experienced this week was finding a member that was baptised in Aldershot twenty years ago. We had a spare fifteen minutes before our reservation at the library to complete the progress record so we went out contacting on the high street. When we met him we could tell that he was spiritual but it wasn't until ten minutes into the conversation that he determined he had been baptised into the church. Almost as if he was recalling it from long lost memories he illustrated how much he liked the church and how he received not only the Aaronic but also the Melchizedek priesthood. We gave him a chapel tour Saturday and he really enjoyed church on Sunday. He also recounted how he has been praying recently for spiritual direction. Amazing!

There isn't that much more to update you on so I guess I'll just do what missionaries to best, bear my testimony. I know, by the power of the Holy Ghost, that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and Redeemer. He loves us so he atoned for us. He is the Perfect Example. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is his kingdom established to prepare for the second coming. This firm testimony has taken a lot of study and prayer but I plan on continuing to develop it for the rest of my life and eternity. Like a sunrise, my testimony came slowly. Eventually, I realised I had always had the belief, it just wasn't illuminated because I hadn't taken the time and effort to discover it. I love the church and the opportunity to represent it.

And I love you ;)


Elder Price