Monday, March 23, 2015

Wild ponies in Dartmoor

#turnuportransfer‏  3/22/15

 
SUM UP:
-I'm moving!
-"What thoughts come to mind if you had a personal interview with your Savior one minute from now?" (Klebingat)
-Take the time to increase your spiritual confidence.

THE NOVEL: 

Wednesday I am moving. Three months in Paignton have gone by too quick. Wait what, it's been six? DANG! Anyway I bet you want to hear where I am going. Drumroll please... Brace for impact... I am being exiled to Guernsey. I don't know too much besides that Wednesday morning I'll be traveling to the Staines chapel, then to Gatwick, and then I'll fly to my area. My new companion is Elder Anderson who is from Kaysville... again. We'll be living with another companionship of elders in the senior couple missionaries' house. I am stoked to get right back at it again in a completely different place.

Elder Tidwell and I are excited to see the progress that comes with refreshing our teaching pool. This week we were able to be blessed with five more new investigators and a few solid potentials. Although new and other investigators rotate through often, a few of the ones that we found are couples that have sincere desire to find truth. If they have real intent I know they will progress. Elder Tidwell and I have been working daily on our teaching skills in order to teach in unity with each other and the Spirit. I have noticed a drastic difference in each lesson as we set the stage with how to begin teaching to explain our purpose. Sharing personal experiences has been another tool to help invite the Spirit. I am so excited to be improving in teaching and recognising potential in these people!

Next week Paignton should have at least one baptismal date. Our neighbor, Cathy, has been seeing missionaries for a while now. She wasn't progressing so we haven't been going over regularly. We stopped by to share the news that I am moving and I expressed how I wish I could have been here for her baptism. During the discussion she expressed that Elder Oleson would be the one that she would want to baptise her so we explained that her baptism could happen the weekend that he is back on holiday. The seed has been planted and I believe she will pray about it and want to be baptised in May when he's here. I know it's not about who does it but if that helps her set the goal than it does not bother me.

I will miss Paignton ward. The people definitely hold a special place in my heart. I truly have learnt to love the people here. Although part of me wants to stay, at the same time I am ecstatic to go to Guernsey. I am sure it will be a culture shock again but I am willing to embrace it and get to work. I remember reading in one of the recent Harvester reports that the Guernsey District did a segment on exact obedience, which excites me to work with missionaries who are willing to be dedicated. I am a bit nervous to adjust to a new ward, area, and companion but I am grateful for that because it will help me to depend on the Lord.

I have been praying to know I have helped the work in this area even though we haven't always had the best numbers. Discouragement from Satan but I have been devastated multiple times in consequence to people we try so hard with still choosing not to progress. I want to share with you these answers to my prayers to help illustrate the joy I feel from changing my life and becoming truly converted. Most of my youth I was making mostly good choices but I discovered, "Selective obedience brings selective blessings, and choosing something bad over something worse is still choosing wrong. You can’t watch a bad movie and expect to feel virtuous because you did not watch a very bad one" (Klebingat).

Two different times this week I received the answer that Heavenly Father is proud of the progress that I have made personally in my life and in my conversion to the gospel. The first was during a lesson with a recent convert who is fighting multiple addictions. Following my testimony of how he can overcome, Elder Tidwell shared a scripture that really struck my heart. I don't remember what it was but I nearly started crying because I just felt so much love in my heart. The Spirit was telling me, "He is proud of you. He loves you."

The second experience occurred during Priesthood on Sunday while studying the talk Approaching the Throne of God With Confidence by Elder Jörg Klebingat. While contemplating how I would approach the throne of God I was reminded of the first experience a few days before. Once again my eyes welled up nearly to the point of tears. I have experienced the power of the Atonement in my life and due to that I would speedily run up to embrace my Judge on that day. I am determined to live the rest of my life in a manner that I will have that confidence.

I would do anything in my power to help you feel the same way. I exhort you to evaluate yourself. Read the talk mentioned above and/or Alma chapter 5. Feel the love that your Heavenly Father and Jesus the Christ have for you. I love you!


Elder Price