Monday, July 27, 2015



7/26/15
Sum up
5 days until I try my first kebab. #kebaptism
Obedience brings true happiness.

The Epistle

Integrating two areas into one has been going fairly smooth. We are trying to make sure we don't allow anyone to slip through the cracks and be forgotten because both areas were working with people that have a lot of potential. Our friend Paul is getting baptised Saturday. As you can probably guess, we are both very excited! Thursday when we went to see Paul he had some concerns. The Jehovah's Witnesses have been coming around but he is too shy to tell them he doesn't like their visits. He told them he was getting baptised in the church and they did their best to fill him with concerns and doubts. We were able to resolve his concerns with the Spirit, from the Book of Mormon, and he agreed with what we taught. He asked if we could see him daily until his baptism so that he doesn't get influenced off the right course. What a blessing!

It was disappointing at church to see that none of our other investigators decided to come to church. We had quite a few commitments from investigators and less-actives that fell through. We will see more at church next week though.

Elder Graham and I got along great before we were companions and we are still doing well together. We get along great actually! I can get along with anyone but the true test of patience comes in when you've been together for a longer period of time. I know there will be days when it's late and we're tired, hungry, and have to work through a disagreement. It can be hard but I know that it will prepare me for marriage as well.

I have been able to recognise how much self control I have developed on the mission. Before I would've never been able to resist a piece of cake but now we have to live to a high standard. I'm grateful that I didn't have technology at the start of the mission because it allowed me to have a clean break from social media. Alcoholics develop an alcohol-dependence, teenagers develop a technology dependence. Now the iPad is always there but I feel great being disciplined not to use it when I shouldn't. I wrote "Purpose" on the cover where I open it up so whenever I can think about how it is going to help fulfil my missionary purpose (see Preach My Gospel, 1).

I have felt the Spirit testify through me pretty powerfully in a few lessons this week. We taught a few commandments and the word of wisdom. I really believe that they are set in place to help us be happy. They are advice from a loving Father in Heaven for a happy life, and requirements for exaltation.

President Gubler is having the entire mission reread The Book of Mormon, and that challenge has been helped strengthen my testimony. I know that the church is true. Heavenly Father loves me. Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith is His revelator in the last days.

I was touched by the inspiring story of Helaman's 2000 Stripling Warriors. They went into battle multiple times but each time they were victorious so much that not a single one of them were killed. As I read it I was imaging myself right in the story, like I do, and I was wondering why the Lord delivered all of them and not every righteous person in other battles. For these two thousand warriors it says, "Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them..." (Alma 57:21). There is safety in counsel from our inspired leaders. Obeying the commandments of the Lord, from prophets, will always deliver us from evil.


The ultimate test is to see if we are willing to obey with exactness. I am far from perfect but I am trying. It has taken me a long time to understand that I can repent every day for my shortcomings, even if I didn't exactly obey in the past. There is always more time to improve.

Elder Price