Thursday, July 16, 2015

Brace for impact!  7/13/15

Sum Up
Lots of fun this week. Sunshine and Subway. Answers to prayers. Jesus Christ.... coming soon!

The Epistle

Random bits about the The Isle of Wight... There are loads of ferries each day. It is a common holiday destination but most people we talk to live here. Lots of people that use the ferry are locals travelling to work or school, or on holiday themselves. Many of the tourists here have holiday cottages so they've been before. I wouldn't mind having a holiday home here, I just wouldn't want to pay for it.


It is getting warm here. Elder Tunnicliffe will go on about how it's blistering hot when in reality it's like 25-30 degrees celsius (low 80s fahrenheit). It's not any fault of his he's a northerner and he's not used to it. Adjustment will take time. President Millar used to say, "The weather will either be too hot or too cold. It just depends on the person's attitude." It's true. Excuses can be made for anything but real character shows through when a person can persevere through the most dire circumstances. If we face challenges with a good attitude then we will be able to endure, and enjoy, to the end.

We have had some excitement this week!

Saturday we had an awesome ward BBQ on the beach. It was so nice to go play sport on the beach while building relationships between our friends, LAs and the ward. We got to soak up the sun and play football, frisbee, tug of war, three legged races, and more. It was a good time although compared to an American BBQ, the food was pitiful.

We had president interviews with President Gubler this week. I was his second interview as president ever. I was a bit sad that I didn't get to ask him a couple doctrinal questions that I had prayed about but then after he asked us to join him for lunch. I don't want to brag about how spoiled I am again but he bought us, and four other elders, Subway. On the drive over I didn't waste time getting into my questions. This lunch was a simple answer to my prayers. I got lots of answers.

Karen and her fellowshipper had a bit of a falling out so we thought we lost her but then they made up Saturday night and ended up coming to church together. We had a powerful sacrament meeting with a lot of talk about temples, covenants and the baptismal covenant specifically. During gospel principles one of our classmates had a bit of a health scare so we had to call an ambulance.

Talking about covenants the speaker asked the congregation to ponder what it means to, "Take upon us the name of Christ and always remember Him." It got me thinking about all sorts of things. I was thinking about the importance of names and how we take them on. It made me examine my life and ask myself how I remember Him. I know I have quoted this before but Alma 5 has the goods.

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

The second coming of Christ and the millennium has come up multiple times this week. "We may not know the day or the hour," our Christian friend told us, "but we can watch the seasons." The day may be closer than we think. 

Ask yourself, "If it was tomorrow, what would I do today to be ready?"

I love you. I love the Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know His words. I know He loves me. I look forward to the day when we'll be able to meet Him.

Love,


Elder Price


Tired of shaving!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment