Wednesday, August 19, 2015



Ryde Pier


3 Nephi 5:13

  8/17/15

Sum Up
Miracles are real, prayers are answered, and the church is true.
Karen is being baptised Saturday!

the Epistle

This week has been overloaded with experiences I don't even know where to start. I honestly feel like this has been the fastest week of my mission. Monday night we stayed in Portsmouth to travel to Zone Conference Tuesday morning. Tuesday night we were in Portsmouth again until Monday morning we were rushing to loads of appointments. Ever since Zone Conference I have been more focused than ever. We are at the doorstep of a season of miracles, similar to the early days of missions in England when Heber C Kimball, Wilford Woodruff, and Dan Jones were baptising thousands. It will start on the 6th of September with a mission fast for the Lord to open the floodgates. We are preparing now by becoming exactly obedient and increasing our faith.

Zone Conference in Reading, with all of the central zones, was exactly the boost I needed to get back in gear. It was the kick in the trousers that helped me recommit to strive for perfection in my ministry. Here, I'll tell you about it!

Our mission is like the Army of Helaman. They trusted in what they had been taught and they were willing to do what was necessary but there was one condition, Helaman had to be their leader. They knew he was inspired and they trusted the Lord to guide and protect them. Alma 57:21 says:

 21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

At Zone Conference there were many points were I felt nearly overwhelmed with the burning of the Holy Ghost. I became fully converted to our mission training plan and knew that President Gubler is our Helaman. He likes to quote in Mormon chapter 9 which reads:

 19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.

 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.

 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

To conclude our meeting President asked a newer missionary to pray that anyone who was not fully converted to this mission training plan to receive the witness. All of the missionaries present, which was a third of the mission, knelt in the chapel together. As this young elder said one of the most beautiful prayers I ever heard I had the most sacred experience I have ever witnessed outside of the temple. I began to cry because I felt so much peace and love it was unreal. Heavenly influences were present. I wanted to open my eyes and look up but I feared what, or who, I might see. 
After cleaning up we had extra time before our lift would take us back to Portsmouth. Elder Graham asked if I wanted to go contacting. I was so stoked that he had the fire in his bones so I eagerly agreed. In half an hour we had a two good discussions and taught one lady the first lesson on the street. We thought it spectacular until we returned to the chapel to discover another companionship of elders finishing a chapel tour with a bloke they just found. He committed to be baptised in three weeks time.

I don't have time to write everything I want to but I can promise that my prayers have been answered this week. Literally, everything we have asked for since Tuesday has happened. Some of the experiences are unreal and can only be described as miracles.

Despite some opposition from a couple sisters in the ward, Karen is on track to be baptised this Saturday. If everything goes according to plan you'll see more baptism pictures next week. Paul got the Aaronic Priesthood so we're looking forward to seeing him participate in the sacrament next week.

Christ is mighty. Miracles happen. The church is so true! Love,

Elder Price