Tuesday, August 25, 2015


Ventnor
 Anything Can Happen     8/24/15

Karen was baptised over the weekend! A few of her family members came to support and Mick was there to be a witness for the baptism. We are blessed to have been able to work with people who are sincere in their search for truth. This week we really want to start teaching friends and family of these recent converts to allow them the blessings of the Atonement. Than they can also support each other in the church. One solid referral from either Paul or Karen would be more effective than a weeks worth of knocking doors and street contacting.



Paul participated with his priesthood and helped prepare the sacrament this week. My favourite part about teaching him is that he understands the doctrine well and enjoys studying. He's finished Our Heritage and he continues to study the Book of Mormon and other church materials. He's a star!

My testimony right now is stronger than ever and it's not just from the success we have had, I think it's from the sincere Book of Mormon study. President Gubler's challenge was to finish it by the 1st of September, which gave us only two months to read the entire book. As of right now I am behind schedule with 104 pages left but I''ve been doing it for the entire hour of personal study so I'll finish. When he started the challenge I was already through Mosiah so I continued in Alma to the end. Now this last week I've read 1 Nephi and most of 2 Nephi. I'm even starting to understand pieces in the Isaiah chapters!

There are times when I want to pray for miracles to happen but I'm nervous. I have no doubt that they can happen or even that the Lord wants them to happen, but rather, that I will be able to follow the direction of the Spirit properly in order to enable them. Hopefully I will be more confident in a couple weeks.

A week Wednesday is the next moves. They still have the Ryde flat so it's likely that the isle will get another companionship back. Rumour has it that 32 new missionaries will be coming in and only a dozen are going home this transfer. Maybe next week you'll find out I'm training a new missionary (that'd be mint).

I've read so many chapters this week that I don't even know what to share with you so... 2 Nephi 20 says:
 15 Shall the ax boast itself against him that heweth therewith? Shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? As if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself as if it were no wood!

Pretty much it is saying that you can't fight against God and win. I remember Jace G, cheeky as he is, saying, "You can't hold a grudge match against God because you either lose or are damned." Just like Hymn 19 declares, "The wicked who fight against Zion will surely be smitten at last." I'm not really sure why I'm sharing that with you but I was studying Isaiah today so hop off.

Anyway, the church is true. I know God is there and I know he hears my prayers. Joseph Smith restored the fullness of the Gospel in response to a sincere prayer. I am grateful that since then, we have had prophets to give us the word of God in these latter days.

Love,


Elder Price



Mick came to be a witness for the baptism in the tie I gave him. He'd
murder me if he knew I sent this picture home. Bikers don't wear
ties...

Elder Price