Monday, September 7, 2015

Come Follow Me   9/7/15
Sometimes I wonder if I can keep this up for another year and some (missionary life). I'm exhausted almost every night. It's been a good year and I also miss my adventures and worldly entertainment. Then I remember the perfect example of my Saviour and his call, "Come follow me." When Nephi replied, "I will go and do," he had to leave all of his wealth and comforts but he left Jerusalem permanently. Alma and the sons of King Mosiah left everything to preach to the Lamanites. Ammon (the prince) was offered a princess on his mission but his response was essentially, "Nah, I'll serve you instead."


Simon Peter and Andrew responded to the Saviour's call in Matthew 4:20 "And they straightway left their nets, and followed him." Then He calls James and John, "And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him." In Matthew 9 is my favourite example. It says:

 9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

In district meeting the other week we were asked, "When did Jesus Christ call you to follow Him? When did you answer?"

We are to seek knowledge by study and also by faith. Faith is belief and action. Acting on promptings gives us knowledge. This is how we know the gospel is true. (See Alma 32:28 & 34, John 7:17, and James 2:17-18.)

I know that this church is true and I KNOW Heavenly Father hears my prayers.


Elder Price