Wednesday, November 18, 2015



                Turkish barbers are the illest.‏

Jerusalem‏

Hiya!



This week I have reached a new level of boldness. I am overcoming my

fears of President's new contacting approach. We just introduce

ourselves as disciples of Jesus Christ, introduce the Restoration and

the Book of Mormon quickly, testify, and ask if they're willing to

learn more and act on the answer we get. President Gubler wants us to

find the people who are prepared, not prepare people. It is the season

of miracles and I know miracles are happening.



Elder Baines and I have been talking to so many people this week. We

had a goal for an all time high of 25 other lessons this week but at

accounting we only had 24. We decided to use part of our dinner hour

to go get one more. In under twenty minutes we found someone who was

willing to listen for a few minutes and said they would consider

coming to our church or meeting up again.



Our friend Mila, that came to church last week, is progressing well.

Looking back we understand how paramount it has been to follow the

Spirit. We weren't sure why we felt like teaching the lessons in the

order we did and how we did, but later we found out she has been

taught before a long time ago and she already has the Book of Mormon.

She doesn't remember too much, but I know the Lord had us teach

exactly what she needed to know at that time. Now she is ready to

follow Jesus Christ and she'll be baptised on the 19th of December. We

even had a movie night with her family and Mila said the closing

prayer for about 7 minutes pleading for her children's hearts to be

softened to the message. I'm not sure what they were thinking but I

liked it!



Elder Baines has his visa but we don't have any news on travel plans

yet. I'm guessing he flies to Utah with departing missionaries a week

from Tuesday. Then he'll be assigned somewhere in the Orem Mission.

Hopefully in Heather's area!



President Gubler shared a story that amazed me. It reads, "In 1980 a

young man from Rwanda was forced by his tribe to either renounce

Christ or face certain death. He refused to renounce Christ, and he

was killed on the spot. The night before he had written the following

commitment which was found in his room:



“I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed, the die has been cast, I

have stepped over the line, the decision has been made- I’m a disciple

of Jesus Christ. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away or be

still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is

secure. I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth

knees, colorless dreams, tamed vision, worldly talking, cheap giving &

dwarfed goals. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my

road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is

reliable, my mission is clear. I won’t give up, shut up, let up until

I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ.

I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till everyone knows,

work till He stops me & when He comes for His own, He will have no

trouble recognizing me because my banner will have been clear.”



I am not ashamed to represent our Lord or this church. I love it! Our

mission song is a famous English hymn called Jerusalem by William

Blake. Right now I feel the words, "I will not cease from mental

fight, until we have built Jerusalem, among this green and peaceful

land." I love doing missionary work. I know that this is the true

church of Jesus Christ.



Elder Price

Brother Hope works with the US military so they have connections. It
was so nice to get the goods from the commissary! They're too kind.

We had mac and cheese by candlelight to celebrate our 1 month mark.