Monday, January 25, 2016

I Like the Christian Life 1/25/16


Summary
Serving and loving makes you feel good! This one is worth the read. :)

Extended

This week a few service opportunities made me feel good. We helped an older member pump the tires in their car at the service station, I helped a struggling older gentleman retrieve an item he couldn't get to on the floor, and we packed clothing for refugees at this warehouse. Helping people makes you feel good. Do it!

I got an email from the girl I sat to on the airplane almost a year and a half ago! She was on her way from America to a Bible school in the north and I was on my way to he MTC. I had no idea what to say but we had some nice conversations. How cool is that? It'll be so fun to be pen pals and talk about our beliefs.

Wednesday evening we attended a live broadcast of the worldwide missionary conference titled "Teach repentance, baptise converts." I learned a lot, especially from Elder Bednar. I was reminded that our responsibility is to be capable instruments to carry the Spirit unto the hearts of the people we teach, but they have to be open and allow it into their hearts. Only then can they learn the truths we are trying to teach.

A similar situation exists with each of us every time we have an opportunity to learn. We can be taught but unless we are willing to let it sink into our hearts we won't be changed.

It was really cool to know that missionaries across the globe were watching the same broadcast. It was just like I was sitting there with my missionary friends and my cousin Ted. :)

Another big lesson to remember is how joyful repentance is. Sometimes missionaries get so excited to talk about baptism that they barely mention repentance. The process is faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Without repentance they will never come unto Christ and have eternal life.

A 'coincidence' that happened this week was when we felt like taking the 32 bus instead of the X74. A few stops down the road a potential that we lost contact with got on the bus. She has enjoyed reading in the Book of Mormon and she has questions. She doesn't have a phone but we're hopeful to get in touch with a mutual friend we have.

Yesterday evening we had an opportunity to switch plans to go to a teaching appointment, but I really felt good about stopping by the potential that we'd planned. The buses were late and there wasn't much time but we decided to go to the whole opposite side of town anyway. When we got there we found out they had just had their baby THE DAY BEFORE and they were so excited! This young family was in a great mood and the mum was on her feet. We didn't get inside the door but each of them expressed the connection they felt with God when they first held their newborn boy. As we said a prayer with them (progress!) I felt the Spirit so strong as we asked Heavenly Father to bless the baby, family and home. It was nice.

On the way home from their house we stopped this bloke that didn't speak a lick of English. I made three attempts and his response was, "Don't know," every time. I stammered for a second then blurted, "Romania?" He gave a confirmation so I used all the Romanian I knew, "Ce faci?" and pulled out a Restoration pamphlet in Romanian. He lit up when he heard his language. With a grateful thank you he took the leaflet and raced away. It happened so quick it was quite a laugh. Good thing I always carry them in Romanian, Polish, and sometimes Hungarian or Portuguese.

Scripture of the day is found in Moroni 7:48. It is one I have been ponderizing (no matter how much I dislike that word) over this last week. It is all inclusive for how I feel about my personal journey currently.

 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

I feel a change in the wind. I was feeling worn and beaten but now I am reenergised and excited. I love this gospel and I love my Saviour! I have received so many answers to prayers this week. I actually can say that I absolutely love praying now! I like the Christian life. :)

Loves!
Elder Price



We just finished with our district p-day playing ultimate frisbee and
football. It was so nice to get some sport in!