Monday, March 21, 2016

"Do you love me?"  3/20/16

HELLO!

The people in our area haven't changed loads but good things are still happening. Progress is slow but steady. We have had some great moments and service opportunities too. We helped Theresa sort through a load of things that had piled up. She really appreciates it because she broke her back a while ago so it's difficult for her.

Elder Chiu Falck's teaching ability is getting better and better! He's making a conscious effort to try to listen to the Spirit which has helped our lessons stay focused. I keep reminding him that he's not a greenie anymore and he can do great things. It's always a laugh when he looks surprised that I make him knock on every other door.

Zone Training was great! The last part was a different than other meetings I've been to. The Zone Leaders put on the movie, The Testaments, and invited us to think about our Saviour. While it was playing they took companionships out to have personal interviews with the Saviour. They directed Elder Chiu Falck into a classroom and led me into the next one by myself. Inside I found two chairs facing each other. One had a large picture of Christ (the most famous Del Parson painting) and a sheet of instructions. Basically, I had five minutes alone with Him. There were about 5 questions to answer and we were meant to answer them out loud.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked up at the picture of Christ, imagining this conversation which will actually happen someday, and then glancing back at the paper to proceed with the questions. Number 1, "Do you love me?" I stammered out a few responses and finished the other four questions as well, which asked about how we show our love and a few other related things.

Studying the Book of Mormon has deepened my relationship with my Saviour. My personal study of Abinidi's sermon this morning had me so pumped! The quotes from Isaiah 53 never impacted me this much before. The imagery enlightened my understanding of what we celebrate during Easter. "A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief," Touched me as well as, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." I am all amazed of the Saviors never ending love and mercy this special season. He truly carried all of my burdens, sorrows, sins, and pains. I love Him!

I hope you all have a great week and come to know your Saviour even better during this Easter season.

Recommended additional study: Alma 5, Mosiah 14, "Approaching the Throne of God With Confidence," FollowHim.mormon.org


Elder Price

                                                                      





Thank heaven for new shoes!









Elder Tunnicliffe zone leader at zone conference.