Monday, April 25, 2016


Here are pics of the steps and a stone path we made at Amos' house.















Isaiah 53    4/25/16


Sorry I haven't prepared some deep, insightful message this week.

Elder Vieira's English is growing in leaps and bounds. I love language study time with him.
My testimony this week is that I know we need the Spirit. We don't accomplish anything by ourselves.
I really enjoy being district leader here in Guildford. I have a lot of growing room but I enjoy having more responsibility because it keeps me busy, gives me another perspective, and allows me to serve the other missionaries more.
We worked hard but we don't have any new investigators yet. There was a lot of rejection but during it I kept thinking about the beautiful verses in Isaiah 53:
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Christ truly is our perfect example. I haven't been through even a fraction of what he experienced and yet he never complained. He was acquainted with grief. "Sometimes," I said to Elder Vieira, "We need to remember that the Son of God himself was crucified." His own people wouldn't listen. And because of Him we can be forgiven, change, and receive mercy. I love my Saviour.
Elder Price