Thursday, May 12, 2016

Previous messageNext messageBack to messagesSummer Nights  5/10/16
Yeah this week's email is a bit boring so you can skip it if you want.

Summer decided to come around. It was hot (up to 27 degree) for a few days but it's raining now.  It's been nice to turn off the heaters and leave the windows open. And it doesn't start getting dark until 8:30 so working in the evenings is so nice.

This week we had a leadership meeting, exchange with the Zone Leaders, and some other meetings. Oh we found out Elder Dallin H. Oaks is coming to Hyde Park chapel in June for another multi-mission conference! Sorry to all my friends who finished their missions already. 

Elder Vieira and I have been working on properly sifting. This means we try to use powerful statements and forward invitations to find people who are willing to progress. I struggle with it because it means we have less conversations (I'm extroverted and fuelled by conversations) but it helps us use our time more wisely. I have also taken the council from my inspired zone leaders to remember I'm here for aiding people's conversion to Christ, not on getting street lessons. I needed some good change of thinking pattern. This week we have a couple return appointments so I hope they go through. We have also learned to extend proper invitations with members too. I can't believe it has taken me this long to apply these principles.

Elder Vieira is a champion. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn from him. I love his faith and willingness to obey.

I know Heavenly Father is watching over me with loving concern. I have been able to experience multiple tender mercies this week. I wish my journal and emails could accurately describe how I felt but my writing is imperfect. I know my Father loves me.

I believe Joseph Smith also lamented about writing in a broken language. These words hardly begin to reveal what's deep inside... but that is not really something that is new. I haven't ever been great at expressing how I feel.

I don't have enough time to explain but you'll have to take my word for it; Heavenly Father has my back. Life is good. :) Love you!


Elder Price