Saturday, June 4, 2016

Flowing  5/30/16

We are getting more consistent in finding new people each week and getting member present lessons. Hopefully while we continue to do this we can also increase the quantity of each one and get people to church with baptismal dates. We have also gotten a couple commitments from people to attend the special Staines Stake Conference with Elder Oaks.

This week we found a few people to teach and got dropped a couple days later... but we are enjoying it. Yesterday we met a Nigerian man that let us in pretty quickly. The lesson fit the sterotypes (he loves Christ and the Bible but didn't consider if there could be other scripture).

Yesterday morning in my study I had the question, "What are the benefits of reading the Book of Mormon every day?" As I studied in Mosiah 1 King Benjamin explains the benefits by comparing their people to the apostate group (Mulekites I think). Anyway, he answered my question in about a dozen ways. I have had plenty of faith promoting experiences this week and even a super vivid dream with Joseph Smith to invite me to have faith. I know that this is the only true and living church on the face of the earth.

Overall, I have been focused and hard working this week. It is satisfying to lay down at night confident that you have tried your best. As I have applied some teachings from last week's "President's letter" on prayer my relationship with my Father has strengthened and I have had meaningful morning prayers consistently for the first time in my life (usually I'm half asleep and distracted). It's great!

Do you remember a story from about a month ago about an interesting youth activity? At it we were able to speak to Jack, a nonmember from Aldershot. He's been meeting with the sisters regularly and you could even say things have been going pretty well. Check out the picture of him.

It's safe to say I love this gospel, I love my Saviour, and I love you. Thanks for your support!



Elder Price