Monday, June 27, 2016

In or out?  6/27/16


SUMMARY
My companion and I are becoming friends. Sometimes you work for no visible progress with your friends. We are progressing and so is the mission.

EXTENDED
It has been raining a lot this week. Saturday we had 3 cancelled appointments in a row. We got wet. We were walking back to the flat soaked and we just started laughing out loud. Sometimes you don't know what else to do.

The work hasn't progressed too much this week but I think we have. Elder Aleman and I became friends this week which makes life fun. He can be really funny too. Now we are working on improving ourselves and the work. Our mission came out with a new Mission Training Plan that has been simplified and altered. It is going to work wonders.

We had an exchange with the Zone Leaders this week in Staines. That was good and I even found a new potential that lives in Guildford. Isn't it great when that happens? Tuesday we will have Zone Training to discuss more about implementing the Mission Training Plan.

I can't remember if I mentioned it but our mission was chosen to pilot the Area Book Planner app for the Europe Area. So in about a month we are going completely digital. We are preparing now and it will bring a lot of changes!

One of the spiritual highlights of my week was conducting a baptismal interview for the sisters' investigator named Lino. He has made so many changes in his life and he has a strong testimony. I meant it when I relayed, "I am honoured that I have been able to play a small part in you moving towards baptism." He is going to begin preparing to go to the temple with his fiancé. He explained that he want to raise his family in the church. He knows it will help them avoid lots of the trouble he got into. It put it into perspective when I wrote his birthday on the form and realised that he was born in the same year as Tyler. Even when people get into life in the worst way at a young age, the Atonement of our Saviour Jesus Christ can heal, change, and redeem them to complete spiritual health.

Well, we are going to play some sports and have a picnic so I'm out (just like the UK).


Elder Price