Wednesday, August 31, 2016



Latest and greatest!    8/31/16
Updates

It has been blooming hot! I thought summer was over but a few days have been worse than summer. The temperature isn't unbearable but the humidity is. Being sweaty and sticky isn't my favourite.

Facebook has been a distraction at times but I think we are figuring out how to make it useful. It can be fun for the people here but it has also been like going home v1.

The elders got a referral a while for someone who was taught and attended church in London and he has a baptismal date for tomorrow (1 Sept). I interviewed him on Sunday after church and he's well prepared. So tomorrow Guildford Ward has their first baptism in 2016. Pretty cool! The elders have another friend who is going to be baptized on the 10th.

This time next week I will be companions with Elder Redd. Moves is Tuesday but it's not for sure where we will be yet.

Insight and Testimony

I had a cool insight one evening after watching the Mormon Message called The First Christmas Spirit which makes you think about Joseph, the husband of Mary, while he was raising Jesus as a lad. It is a very interesting perspective to ponder on.

The part that hit me was when Mary and Joseph are searching for 12 year old Jesus and find him at the temple with the religious teachers. Mary mistakenly calls him the son of Joseph and Jesus replies to Mary, "How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?" (Luke 2:49)

We don't know much about Jesus' mortal life before his ministry but I gained two major insights from Jesus' first signs of independence. This foreshadows what he will be doing from age 12-30. He is perfectly diligent after all so he is doing "His Father's business."

The next thing that struck me was how the young men in the church are ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood at age 12 so they too can begin being about the Father’s business.

These two details seemed significant to me. It was a profound moment of clarity of how important it is to assist our Father in Heaven in His purposes. I know that the work I am involved in is the Lord's. I have experienced so many tender mercies and answers to prayers. I know that if we will just follow Jesus Christ, including his teachings and perfect example, everything else will work out.

Ta for now,

Elder Price